This policy aims to inform our customers about when and how we collect and store personal information, and for what purpose that information is used.
Purpose for which we collect, hold and use personal information
To help you get the most from your experience with us on Kangaroo Island, we need to collect some personal information from you.
We only collect information that we need:
- To recommend appropriate products and services
- To make and confirm your booking
- To seek your feedback on your experience with us
- To keep you informed via our newsletter
- To offer you new products and services which we believe may be of interest to you
- To satisfy any legal requirement
Sometimes we may need to collect sensitive information about you, for example information about your health, to ensure you are adequately catered for when undertaking our activities.
How we collect personal information
We gather your personal information in various ways; including in person when you visit one of our offices, over the phone, when you make a booking or enquiry from our website and when you enter a competition.
We endeavour to collect information only about you, from you. However there may be times where travel arrangements may be made on your behalf, e.g. a surprise gift. Irrespective of the source of the information we respect and protect the privacy of it and it’s the information provider’s responsibility to ensure that it is accurate.
What information do we collect
We generally collect names, addresses, telephone numbers, e-mail addresses, children’s ages and credit card details.
Other information collected when you visit our website is used for statistical purposes only and may include:
- The type of browser and operating system you are using
- Your top level domain name (i.e. .com, .gov, .au. etc)
- The address of the referring site (for example, the previous site that you visited)
- Your servers IP address (a number which is unique to the machine through which you are connected to the Internet; usually one of your service provider’s machines)
- The date and time of your visit
- The address of the pages access and the documents downloaded
No attempt will be made by us to identify users or their browsing activities from this information.
Storage and security of personal information
Personal information we hold in our system is protected via the use of secure passwords and other security procedures. All information is stored as either an e-mail on our server or as a record in our database. The servers are isolated from the Internet via a firewall.
We also maintain physical security procedures to manage and protect the use and storage of paper records containing your personal information.
We do not disclose or share any personal information with any other organisation. We do with your consent use your personal information to give you information that we think may be of interest to you about other products that are available from us. Your consent will be implied unless you notify us that you do not consent to your information being used for this purpose.
Our employees and training
We educate our staff about the requirements of the Australian Privacy Principles. Employees who intentionally or negligently breach the Privacy Act are subject to disciplinary action.
How you may access your personal information
You have the right to request access and to correct any personal information we hold about you, and may ask us to take reasonable steps to correct it if it is inaccurate.
How to make a complaint
You can complaint to us in writing about how we have handled your personal information. We will respond to the complaint within 30 days.
How to contact us: